Good morning, everyone! Today I have a very colorful project to share with you 🙂 Design team member, Keri Sallee, created two very cheerful mixed media ATC’s from regular old playing cards:
Keri lucked out and found these fantastic backgrounds she had already made in her stash. Judging by the look of them, I’m thinking a lot of gesso, paint, texture paste and stencils were used to make these babies.
Keri then chose what metal and resin pieces she wanted to embellish her cards with. She started with a layer of white gesso over everything. Then came the Silks Acrylic Glazes…in amazing colors like Jasmine, Guatemalan Green, Sky Blue and Spiced Pumpkin.
Once the newly altered metal and resin bits were altered, Keri just layered them onto the ATC cards along with inspiring sayings. On her first card, she used a combination of a Spirograph filigree (#051-B), metal leaves (#672-B) and resin flowers (#RES606-YL):
On her second card, Keri layered two silver butterfly filigrees (#091-P) on the left. She then attached a bronze bezel (#F018-B) and glass cabochon (#CAB1825) over top using hemp rope:
I hope you enjoyed this project share today…as always, I am forever grateful that you decided to pop over and visit! If you’d like to go show Keri some love, you can find her blog post of the project right HERE. I’ll chat at ya tomorrow with my weekly tutorial 😉 Cheers!
- Bronze Spirograph Metal Filigree Embellishment (#051-B)
- Silver Butterfly Metal Filigree Embellishments (#091-P)
- Bronze Leaf Metal Filigree Embellishments (#672-B)
- Small Rectangular GLASS Cabochons (#CAB1825)
- Small Bronze Rectangular Bezel Frames (#F018-B)
- Resin Flower Cabochons (#RES606-YL) – no longer available 🙁
- altered ATC/playing cards
- Silks Acrylic Glaze – Jasmine, Guatemalan Green, Sky Blue and Spiced Pumpkin
- Canvas Corp hemp