Good day, everyone! I have a mixed media project to share with you today 🙂 Design team member Keri Sallee created this perfectly grungy journal cover using ButterBeeScraps metal:
Keri put a ton of time into this project, adding several layers of modeling paste, paint, metal and more! Here’s a picture part-way through her process:
You can see that she added a layer of modeling paste to her cover and added texture to it using a rubber stamp before adding a variety of ButterBeeScraps metal embellishments.
Here’s a close up of the bottom left hand corner…don’t you just love that crackle finish she added?
As a final touch, Keri added several Small Round Bronze Tibetan Charms (#J176-B) along the right edge of her journal cover to add her title:
I hope you liked today’s project! If you’re wanting a complete step-by-step tutorial, Keri put together a great one on her blog right HERE. Thanks so much for popping by today…I’ll see you Thursday for our next tutorial 🙂 Cheers!
- Medium Mixed Silver, Copper and Bronze Gear Charms
- Steampunk Tibetan Charms Collection
- Silver Butterfly Metal Filigree Embellishments (#091-P)
- Bronze Corner Metal Filigree Embellishments (#807-B)
- Small Round Bronze Tibetan Charms (#J176-B)
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics (Peacock Pearl, Crystal Green, Rich Espresso)
- DecoArt Media Antiquing Creme (English Oxide Red)
- DecoArt Media Liquid Glass
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics (Carbon Black)
- Fancy Pants Alphabet Stickers
- Liquitex Basic Modeling Paste
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Script Stamp
- Heat Gun
- Mat Board
- Daler-Rowney White Gesso