Good morning, everyone! Man, it has been quite the week for me! I have been slammed with work this week, and am writing this blog post to you from on the road. First, I must apologize profusely, as there will be no tutorial this week 🙁 I know, I know…trust me, I am very sad about it, too. That being said, I do have a beautiful mini album created by design team member, Marina Wilson, to share with you 🙂
Marina created the base of her mini album using a template from JenofEveDesigns on Etsy, and used the amazing Steampunk Debutante paper collection by Graphic 45. I’m sure you don’t have to guess at how well ButterBeeScraps metal looks with it either 😉 Let’s have a look…
Marina started with one of the images from the paper collection on the front cover, and added a mixture of gears in the woman’s hair. Throughout the mini album, Marina uses both gears from her stash and a mixture of small and medium gear charms from the ButterBeeScraps shop. Along the bottom edge, Marina layered metal filigrees 553-B, 635-C, 067-B, 052-B and 7313-G. She also used a combination of Patina Gilders Paste, Inka Gold, and Vintaj Patina from Ranger to color the metals before layering.
If you thought the cover was amazing, you must have a look at what Marina did to the spine of her mini:
…I know, right! Marina riveted six Bronze Picture Frame Hooks (#HD672-B) to the spine, and weaved some Bronze Cable Chain (#CH783-B) through them. She then topped it all off with that gorgeous charm with pearls from her stash…I want one! Here’s a quick look at one of the pages inside the mini album:
This page is filled with fun flaps and pockets. Marina opted to use the bronze filigree 361-B on many of the pull-out tags throughout her album. On the page above, you can also see that she tucked filigree 851-B under the flower in the upper left hand corner of this spread.
Marina has uploaded a YouTube video if your interested in a complete flip-through of this little beauty. (I already had a browse 😀 ) Thank you for popping by today…next week I shall be back on track with another tutorial 😉 Cheers!
- Large Bronze Scissor Tibetan Charms
- Small Mixed Silver, Copper and Bronze Gear Charms
- Medium Mixed Silver, Copper and Bronze Gear Charms
- SS12 Aquamarine Flat Back Glass Rhinestones
- SS12 Olivine Flat Back Glass Rhinestones
- SS16 Light Rose Flat Back Glass Rhinestones
- Copper Flower Metal Filigree Embellishments (#025-C)
- Bronze Flower Metal Filigree Embellishments (#052-B)
- Bronze Flower Metal Filigree Embellishments (#067-B)
- Bronze Flower Metal Filigree Embellishments (#162-B)
- Bronze Metal Filigree Embellishments (#361-B)
- Bronze Metal Filigree Embellishments (#553-B)
- Copper Flower Metal Filigree Embellishments (#635-C)
- Bronze Metal Filigree Embellishments (#851-B)
- Gold Dimensional Flower Metal Filigree Embellishments (#7313-G)
- Bronze Cable Chain (#CH783-B)
- Antique Bronze Page Corner Protectors (#HD352-B)
- Bronze Picture Frame Hooks (#HD672-B)
Tamera Slattery says
GORGEOUS Marina I would love to see inside all of it !!! Your work is always amazing thank you for sharing with us !!!