Good morning, everyone! I have a bright and cheery project to share with you today 🙂 Design team member, Keri Sallee, created this very fun mixed media plaque for us all to oogle at today 🙂
Keri started with a chipboard frame from her stash and decided to do some mixed media magic on it. She painted, gel pressed and stenciled onto the frame to create some funky and very cool texture:
Keri then added a few different designs of patterned paper behind each heart, and finished the background using a bright, rich orange paper. Of course, she didn’t stop there. She also added ink splatters and sprays to grunge up the paper and frame a teeny bit more before moving onto the finishing touches…ButterBeeScraps metal 😉
Here’s a close look at all the metal yumminess Keri added to the lower left hand corner of her frame:
You can see that she used a variety of metal gears, leaves, flowers, butterflies and even a bronze key in her metal collage. She even painted one of the butterflies a beautiful aqua blue to coordinate with the aquamarine flat back rhinestones that she strategically added to the plaque.
I hope you enjoyed this beautiful project today. If you’re wanting a little more detail on how Keri created this plaque, I suggest you check out her blog. She shares more pictures and walks you through exactly how she made this project. As always, I thank you for stopping by today, and hope you enjoy the rest of your week. Cheers!
- SS20 Aquamarine Flat Back Glass Rhinestones
- Gothic Tibetan Charms Collection (bronze key)
- Miniature Mixed Silver and Bronze Gear Charms
- Medium Mixed Silver, Copper and Bronze Gear Charms
- Bronze Round Metal Filigree Embellishments (#286-B)
- Silver Leaf Metal Filigree Embellishments (#672-P)
- Bronze Butterfly Metal Filigree Embellishments (#888-B) – retired
- Bronze Dimensional Flower Metal Filigree Embellishments (#7635-B)
- Amy Tangerine “Sketchbook” Paper
- Dr Martin India Ink
- Deco Art Mister
- Vintage Heart Chipboard
- Splash of Color-Word Stickers
- Gel Press 8×10 Plate
Kelly Plamondon says
This is truly stunning. Thank you for inspiring.