Good morning, everyone!!! It feels like it’s been a while since I’ve shared a project with you! Well, today that is going to change…design team member, Keri Sallee, created this very cool and cheery mixed media canvas using a bunch of fun products:
Have you ever tried to minimize the waste of extra inks or paints you have on your craft mat by swiping them up onto a tag for later use? Well, Keri created her background in a similar way. She used ghost prints from her Gel Press and remnants (from a stencil) from a previous project that she had placed on a paper towel.
After Keir adhered the background to her canvas, she added several flower shaped metal filigrees from ButterBeeScraps. She layered #286-B, #161-P and #288-B on the left, and used filigrees #016-S and #161-P for the flowers in the center and on the right, respectively. You can also see that Keri added an SS20 Light Colorado Topaz rhinestone in the center of two of the flowers and a pale yellow resin flower in the center of the third.
After the flowers were in place, Keri used some twine to create the flower stems. For the leaves, Keri used copper filigree #672-C. All that’s left are the final touches…an inspirational quote (written by herself) and faux stitching around the flowers and edges of her tag.
I hope you liked this project, and gleaned some inspiration from her quote…I quite like this one! To show Keri some love, please hop on over to her blog and have a read of her post. Thank you for stopping by, and I will chat at ya tomorrow with another tutorial 🙂 Cheers!
- SS20 Light Colorado Topaz Flat Back Glass Rhinestones
- Silver Flower Metal Filigree Embellishments (#016-S)
- Silver Flower Metal Filigree Embellishments (#161-P)
- Bronze Flower Metal Filigree Embellishments (#286-B)
- Bronze Round Metal Filigree Embellishments (#288-B)
- Copper Leaf Metal Filigree Embellishments (#672-C)
- Light Yellow Resin Flowers (RES606-YL) – discontinued
- Gel Print onto a paper towel
- Deco ArtMedia Fluid Acrylic (Carbon Black)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium